This wardrobe plot indicates our interpretation of the costume needs of the production. It is intended to provide you with required costume changes and a feeling of the costume styles. Costumes outlined are in standard adult sizes-extremely large or small sizes may not be available. Also, specific colors and fabrics are not described due to new designs and availability in our stock (except where noted). Styles and accessories may vary.
Cast & Costume:
CONDUCTOR: Uniform, cap.
CHARLIE COWELL: Period suit, hat.
SALESMEN: Assorted period frock, cutaway, sack suit, hats.
- Norfolk suit which reverses into band jacket, straw hat.
- Loud suit.
- Blazer, slacks.
- Light summer suit.
CONSTABLE LOCKS: Conservative suit, hat.
- Assorted dressy daytime attire, large hats.
- Add red, white, blue sashes.
- Optional picnic change.
WORKMEN: Overalls, caps.
MAYOR SHINN: Cutaway jacket, pants, shirt, tie, hat.
FARMER & WIFE: Typical farm clothes.
- Assorted sack suits, cutaways, frocks, hats.
- Remove coats, add Indian headpieces, feather headpieces.
ALMA, MAUD, ETHEL, & MRS. SQUIRES:
- Conservative yet dressy dresses, hats.
- Add Indian headbands and loin cloth type sashes.
- Blue middy blouses, bloomers, long hose, hair bows.
- Ill fitting Grecian gowns .
- Loud suit, derby.
- Another suit.
CHILDREN: Assorted Sunday best clothes.
TOMMY: Shirt, pants with patches.
- Attractive ingenue dress, hat.
- Another attractive dress.
- Simple daytime dress.
- Feminine dress.
- Simple housedress.
- Optional change to another simple dress.
- Dressier dress.
- Child’s period dress.
- Add trappers coat, coonskin hat.
- Knickers, shirt.
- Basic dressy dress.
- Statue of Liberty drape & crown.
- Indian accessories and feather headpiece.
- Add hat & jacket.
- Grecian gown different than four ladies.
ZANEETA: Teenage type dress.
DRIVER: Leather vest, cowboy hat and pants.
WINTHROP, TOMMY, CHILDREN: Ill fitting band uniforms, hats.